
Yesterday morning, a three-foot-deep trench ran around three sides of the bathroom at the camp. (The fourth side is where it attaches to the rest of the house.) Yesterday evening, the trench was two-thirds full. Ask my back, hamstrings, and shoulders how all that dirt got moved. That's right--I did it all, with my little shovel.
So what. I mean, it's really not that big a deal. It took about an hour and a half of constant bending and shoveling. This is why I work out. Some people do more than this in a morning, every morning.
But it seriously wore me out. I was so physically tired that I was mentally out of it, too.
Today, I spent time with people, which always wears me out mentally, and then I did laundry, which requires just enough concentration that I can't do anything mentally restful or stimultating, either one, at the same time.
Today wasn't the mental equivalent of yesterday--work days, when I am explaining a concept that I barely understand myself, are closer--but I can tell my brain is tired. And that it's also showing up in my body.
In any case, thank goodness tomorrow's Monday. I can't take more leisure time like I had this weekend!
