Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Four-Day Weekend

That's Easter up here, for some: Good Friday and Easter Monday are holidays to bank and government types.

However, stores like Canadian Tire and Home Depot were open today (Saturday). The gym was closed Friday and Saturday but will be open on Monday. My hair stylist was off Friday, worked today (whew), is off tomorrow (they close Sundays), works Monday, and is off Tuesday.

Meanwhile, my little "shouldn't church and state at least pretend to be separated?" mind can't quite wrap my head around this. Back when I worked at a job in the U.S., I knew people who took Good Friday off as a holiday, but it wasn't an official holiday. (Of course, as a freelancer in any country, every day both is and is not a holiday, not that I'm complaining.)

In any case, since there's a holiday, I baked something (chocolate chip scones), and because the holiday is Easter, I am making devilled eggs. It just seems kind of funny, that's why.