The City Council in Thunder Bay tonight will consider re-zoning part of the waterfront in the north part of town, formerly Port Arthur. A new Waterfront Development committee has unveiled a multi-bazillion-dollar plan for rejuvenating the waterfront and turning it into a bona fide tourist destination. That will make northwestern Ontario a tourist mecca, for sure.
Also, last week the newspaper had another discussion of "twinning," or four-laning, the highway all the way from Thunder Bay north and east to Nipigon. That will make northwestern Ontario a business mecca, for sure.
Uh-huh.
This summer, I've been going through file folders of junk from my parents' home in Oklahoma. Recently, I ran across two file folders from two different years, both full of interesting (to them) newspaper articles from the Thunder Bay paper in 1992 and 1994.
Also, last week the newspaper had another discussion of "twinning," or four-laning, the highway all the way from Thunder Bay north and east to Nipigon. That will make northwestern Ontario a business mecca, for sure.
Uh-huh.
This summer, I've been going through file folders of junk from my parents' home in Oklahoma. Recently, I ran across two file folders from two different years, both full of interesting (to them) newspaper articles from the Thunder Bay paper in 1992 and 1994.
Both folders contained many articles about--can you guess it? That's right--the "new" waterfront development project and the plans to twin the highway to Nipigon.
