Yes, up here, too.
And I bought a book of poetry in hono(u)r of the month. (Plus two others, regular fiction selections, but they were bargains. Bargains!) (Bookstores: dangerous.)
I know--I have said that I don't really know from poetry. I don't appreciate it at the level of the people who write it. That's still true.
This month, though, I had heard (while listening to a Q podcast during a walk) an interview with a poet, Adam Sol, who has riffed on the prophet Jeremiah in a volume entitled Jeremiah, Ohio. Here's the site of his publisher, Anansi Press, where you can read interviews and hear him read. Oh, and order the book.
I haven't started. There's the usual to-do list and inertia to beat into submission. However, I'm hopeful. I know context for this work. Jeremiah: I am not a Bible scholar but hey, I can look him up.
And there's a story around and in and through these poems. Whew.
Plus, Adam Sol is another American immigrant. So whether his work "counts" as Canadian content, I'm not sure. But it's poetry, and it's Poetry Month! So enjoy!
