I wouldn't post this to Craig's or anyone else's list, but just in case the Universe is listening, here are a few things we could use around here.
1. Fewer side effects. My brother (and the rest of us [his family], plus every other person touched by cancer)--we appreciate the whole existence of chemotherapy and all, but the drugs are difficult to tolerate. Please help researchers figure out better cures that hurt less.
2. More water. Thanks so much for the five inches of water in the bay in front of us. By Wednesday or so, we really really need a foot. Actually, a foot on top of the five inches would be better. We're looking at an old well as an alternative. We're contemplating other solutions that will allow us to meet our commitment to the people who are spending their holiday in the house that requires the water. But more water would be really really nice.
3. Inspiration. Also known as mental and physical energy, problem-solving skills, the fortitude to be persistent, the resources for the long haul. This is not for me, it's for all those fighting illness, the researchers, and those water-problem-solving people. Also, allergy sufferers, who are a significant subset of the water group. Although it's also for me because I know that being around inspired people inspires me. So sure, I'll cop to self-interest here.
It seems unfair to ask for anything when I already have so much. However, is anyone in the world so blessed as to be without a wish list?
Thanks in advance.
