It's a big day in politics on both sides of our fair border.
Obama is due to say something else about healthcare. Talk about discipline, stamina, backbone. I admire his determination to get something done. I hope that "something" actually helps people.
Meanwhile, up here, the next couple of days will feature a Throne Speech--the Governor General reading a speech written by the Prime Minister; it officially opens this session of Parliament--and a new budget. Cuts and belt-tightening ahead. (And I have to wonder who is going to grimace more: the GG because of what she's reading, or the PM because she's mangling his speech? My guess is the GG, because Harper's own delivery is no great shakes.)
These are important times. And yet, all the political interest I can muster is to become a fan of "I bet Jon Stewart can reach a million fans before Bill O'Reilly!"
Surely this malaise is temporary. It has to be. It had better be! Because when the public is apathetic, bad things happen. So, it's time to show some of Obama's discipline. Stamina. Backbone.
Starting tomorrow. I swear.
