Mr. In-Between, that is. (Youngsters, look it up.)
As I have said, being between things (seasons, say) is not my
favo(u)rite place to be.
I was relieved, over the weekend, to see the end of spring. Yes, we have toppled headlong, in just a day or two, into the next season.
And that season is...the election season!
Not really. I meant summer. But maybe the other, too.
Apparently Michael Ignatieff is considering making good on his threats, er, promises, to keep the Harper government on probation. Or even double secret probation.
So testosterone is a-flying in Ottawa.
Sometimes I think elections on a regular schedule are easier to take. Sometimes Harper thinks so, too, except when he doesn't.
These days, "everybody knows" that Canadians don't want an election this summer. They didn't want one last fall, either, or the one a couple of years ago.
So here's my question. When do Canadians ever want an election?
Scheduling. It has its merits. Just sayin'.
