Saturday, November 20, 2010

47 Days of Thanky Gratitudinal Goodness

Here we are, week 6 already. One partial week left.

For what this is all about, go here and start reading at the bottom.

Here's a recap of the week, with thoughts at the bottom.

‎47 Days of Thanks, Day 36: I'm grateful for the first snow of the season! It's a beautiful addition to the otherwise relatively bland November landscape.

‎47 Days of Thanks, Day 37: I'm grateful for the sense of continuity that comes in a day when you can see life at both "ends." Yesterday I remembered loved ones lost and got to see pictures of a friend's brand-new granddaughter.

‎47 Days of Thanks, Day 38: I'm grateful for my iPod and CBC radio podcasts. Sometimes when I'm walking or working outside, they're just background noise, but often I get a gem--new musician or writer or quote--that stays with me.

‎47 Days of Thanks, Day 39: I'm most grateful for the opportunity at a writing workshop last night to play around with characters--creating them, defining them, presenting them. It's useful sometimes to remember that creativity is FUN.

‎47 Days of Thanks, Day 40: I'm grateful for another evening that gave me a compelling idea--happiness is like a mirror. Other emotions can pass in front of it but it doesn't change the mirror's essential nature. That's what I'm finding about the life I live today

47 Days of Thanks, Day 41: I'm grateful for days when I wake up in a winter wonderland. I know that snow is a pain in the neck for some; I know rain will make the world a sloppy mess this afternoon. But now, this minute, it's beautiful, and I'm grateful.

‎47 Days of Thanks, Day 42: I'm grateful that not ALL the scones got burned on the bottom. Sigh.

Again, another mix of sublime and mundane, which is a reflection of my life. Lots of my days are taken up with twiddling and fixing--reorganizing others' ideas and clarifying their meaning. Yet I also have time for creative work and I'm grateful for the structure of a couple of groups that formally address creative living.

The first snowfall mostly disappeared before we got the heavy, covering snow, some of which has itself blown away. I left the scones in about a minute too long. But why must these scones be destined for sharing with company??

Ah, well. Into each life a little snow, and burned pastry, must fall. It's just my turn, I guess!