Things I have learned this summer about being a host: if you play your cards right, when the company leaves,
1. You still have half a batch of scones.
B. Also blueberry pie. That's two more times eating it!!!
iii. Have been to interesting places with your company, some of which you really mean to get to the rest of the year but often don't but now plan to, and some you have never been to before and may never seek out again. For example, I have seen a couple of really cool exhibits at The Thunder Bay Art Gallery (Norval Morrisseau! Frank Big Bear and his magic prismacolor pencils! and an exhibit devoted to ravens!!), and I have been to the casino (semi-comatose people staring at flashing lights!). I leave it to you to figure out which is which.
d. You lose your mind a little. Ergo, I'll be the one in the sugar coma (scones! blueberry pie!!) getting my toenails painted.
P.S. Yes, I know the items in the list above aren't parallel. It's for effect, a little writer-editor geek humo(u)r.
