Sometimes I wish my father were still alive.
(Don't worry, this isn't a sentimental post.)
Sometimes I wish my father were alive so he could see how RIGHT I was about Joe Lieberman ("I", Conn.), whose fan I have NOT been since back in the Days of Gore (Al) and Impeachment. Grrr.
My father was a forgiving man, mostly. Eventually. He was plenty angry and betrayed during the Nixon years but I think part of that hurt was bewilderment. He wondered how someone entrusted with so much could deceive himself (and others) so consistently and stoop so low in order to gain so little. At least I think that's what my father would say.
In any case, my father's forgiving attitude is what I'm aspiring to. Forgiving a U.S. senator for his need to grandstand and make an issue like healthcare all about HIM, Joe Lieberman. Yes, I realize it's not particularly shocking behaviour for a politician.
I only wish it were.
