Friday, June 27, 2008

iCaved

I made it all the way into summer--summer according to the calendar, that is. (You'd be mystified as to season if all you could see was the northeast wind and rain and thermometer at 60.)

In spite of my excellence again and again in resisting the purchase during the dirty season, today iDid it, iCaved, iBought an iPod.

It's aqua. And shiny. And loaded with just a few songs, just enough so that I know how it's done and can go through the house, picking up CDs and making lists of others I wish I had.

I guess the only thing this has to do with boundaries and borders is that I crossed the "I want it because I want it" boundary. I try hard to stay on the other side of that one. But sometimes it's possible to drown out all those parental messages if you just want a shiny aqua iPod hard enough.

Well, here's some Canadian Content: It's playing Leonard Cohen (So Long, Marianne) in my ears. Cowboy Junkies Trinity Session is on there, too. That should count for something.