Thursday, January 24, 2008

Marion, Meet (in) January

It's been a week in which I have meeting after meeting after meeting, followed by meetings after meetings. Nearly every group with which I am affiliated has met this week for a serious working session, after meeting two weeks ago as well.

These are all groups I choose to be affiliated with, mind, and I am honestly not complaining--just pointing it out. But January is so very full of meetings. I think it's because groups are trying to make up for losing the entire month of December. I also suspect activity in a few of these groups is revved up because of the new year and resolutions.

Is it this way south of the border? I don't remember. Probably--at least it seems so to those who live it, whatever side of the border you happen to be on.

And really, working meetings are fine. Just hectic. And it's still shockingly cold. To the point that even new skis may not be enough incentive to brave nipped toes and ears and fingers.