Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

The Queen is here. (Americans: This is the Queen of England. She is Head of State for Canada. That means she... well, except she... or maybe... oh, look it up.)

This afternoon, she got to ride on a big ship past a whole lineup of other ships from several different countries. Sailors stood on the decks, holding their headgear, and gave three cheers as she passed by. She lifted her gloved hand in gracious acknowledgment.

Some days I feel as lucky as a queen, when I see the things I see. But most of the time I'm pretty sure I'm not queen. Which is OK. I don't mind being part of the adoring crowd.



All together, now: hip hip...



huzzah!
(I call this the "neutrino" plant.
You can't see the plant but you can see its shadow.)
Hip hip...


huzzah!
(I love how the water
makes this rock look so different!)
Hip hip...


huzzahhhhhhhhhh!!