The groundhogs have spoken. Six more weeks of winter. Traffic to the website is too high for me to create a link, though, so you just have to believe me.
Canada has its own groundhog, Wiarton Willie. Canadian schools also have educational resources for groundhog day available online.
So: six more weeks? See the subject line.
Actually, I enjoy winter and winter weather. I like being able to be outside, though. I'm slowly slowly figuring out how the "wear snow boots, bring shoes," "hang coats outside meeting rooms" rules work. I get stir-crazy when it's too cold (say, below 0F) to enjoy being outside much. I'm still searching for boots that actually keep my feet warm, but it's a fun search.
It's also possible that the weather will be different mid-March. But it won't be spring. The ground will still be frozen. The snow cover may be thin--possibly too thin to ski. The lake will still be frozen. And whatever it's called, it's a season that requires alertness: water/sewer pipes actually are more likely to freeze without the snow cover.
But if this year is like last year and the one before, mid-March will still be mostly white. Then comes April, the brown month. Spring? Late May, early June.
So really, more winter? Okay. It's the dentist (today, 2 p.m.) that I don't like. (Nothing personal.)
