I'm not much for trendy bizspeak, but I happen to like this one.
A stay-cation, for those out of the know, is when you stay at home for your vacation. In some ways, my entire life these days is a stay-cation because I live where I used to go for holidays (and serenity, and sanity, and sanctuary). However, I also work while living here. So living here really is different from coming here on vacation.
Now that the bulk of the WORK-work for the summer is finished, it's time for me to have a holiday (to find serenity and sanity in my sanctuary).
I had a bit of a break when my brother and his family were here for a week. Yet the roof wasn't solid, and the grass grew up around the house, and various other projects needed to be done while the weather was fine.
This time, while my sister is here, I'm trying to make it more of an actual holiday. I may be here, as in online; I may not. I will likely check email--likely discover that nobody has really noticed I'm not online much.
But that's where I am. Sitting on the rock/sand beach with a girl drink in my hand. Avoiding work gloves, yellow rubber gloves, bleach, and Mr. Clean. Ignoring the shop-vac and the lawnmower, the loppers and the chainsaw, and my ear protection (fashionably studded with shoe stickers). Noticing the rowboat and canoe and what my mother used to call "life preservers," aka Personal Flotation Devices.
Wish me luck. Knowing me, I'll be up piddling around on projects within a half hour. But a stay-cation: it's a good goal.
