In my life, I've been called "serious," "too serious," and "un-fun" often enough to understand that I tend to be, well, serious. Ordinarily, I try to live up to that reputation, especially in this blog.For one thing, this space is MINE and I can be as serious as I want without any fear of putting a damper on the festivities in the blogosphere. (This is why you can't comment--nobody gets to tell me I'm too serious.) At the same time, this space is MINE, so I can be frivolous if I want to.
Today, I just have to say that it's fun to live in a country in which Maxime Bernier, above (in his days as Industry Minister), is a government official.
I'm not talking about his looks (serious, remember? that's me) but his look. Isn't he just straight out of a Bond movie? Get the European suit (high stance) and "I'm confident in my manhood" lavender shirt with lilac tie. Even the name: it's novel-worthy. Nothing like it down south. Even today's darling, Barak Obama, himself talks about his big ears. And then there's Bernier's reputation as a charming scapegrace. Of course that's what he is. You can tell by the look.
Canada: it's a whole 'nother country. And then there's Quebec, which, according to the current government, is a nation within...no, wait...a sovereign...no...well, something. Anyway, it's in Canada, too, and it's part of what makes life up here so interesting.
The navel-gazing will return next time.
